1-2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 thumbsize pieces of fresh ginger (hint, I have a dainty thumb...)
2 teaspoons runny honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Finely sliced broccoli stalks
1-2 chopped peppers (red and yellow for preference)
Sufficient chicken, quorn or tofu for those eating (between 2 and 4 chicken breasts or equivalent for 4 people. Additional veg can stretch quantities).
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Finely chop the garlic, onion and ginger and add to the pan. Cook at a medium to high heat until soft.
2. Add the honey and soy sauce.
3. Chop and add the chicken / quorn / tofu. If using chicken, wait until it is sealed before moving on to step 4.
4. Add vegetables and cook until meat / meat substitute cooked through and vegetables cooked but still crunchy.
5. Drop noodles into boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
6. All done. Cheap, easy, and you now have no leftover vegetables in the fridge!